Android 2.7 Beta Release Issues
We released Android v2.7 beta to all beta users on July 5th 2020.
Some very small group of StrongLifters report issues after upgrading to v2.7 beta. A screen shows that the upgrade has failed, with a button to "retry".
First, the good news is that your data is NOT lost! And you can easily fix this issue in a few minutes.
Here's what to do:
A) If you were previously logged in with Facebook/Google:
- Delete the app (ONLY If you were logged in with Facebook/Google before updating to v2.7 beta)
- Choose "leave the program" at the bottom of this page: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.stronglifts.app
- Reinstall the live version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stronglifts.app&hl=en_us
- Double-check you have v2.6.21 installed (app settings - about). If not, repeat the above 3 steps.
- Log back in with Google/Facebook, all your workouts will be back!
B) If you were NOT logged in with google/facebook before updating to v2.7
- Do NOT delete the app! Your workouts are only saved on your device. You will lose them if you delete the app, with no way to recover them.
- Instead please wait for us to fix the issue in our next app update. Email us at [email protected] so we can keep in touch with you.
- We recommend to login with google/facebook after we fix this. Otherwise there's always a risk that you lose data if you lose phone/get a new one/etc.
- v2.7 saves all workout information to a new server. During the upgrade, the data gets copied from the old server to the new one.
- It looks like the process fails for a very small group of StrongLifters (about 0.5% have reported this issue).
- We tested this step thoroughly before releasing the beta. But it looks like there's some exception we may not have thought of.
- It's top priority for us to fix this, we'd like to have a fix asap (definitely this month)
Email us at [email protected] so we can look at your situation.