Free vs Pro (Android)
You can do the full StrongLifts 5x5 program for free. But you can unlock StrongLifts Pro to get even better results.
Here's the difference between the free and paid version of StrongLifts.
- Full basic training program - StrongLifts 5x5 workout A/B
- Automation weight progression (if successfull or failed sets)
- Automatic rest timer notifications
- History, calendar, progress graphs
- Videos/instructions for the 5 main lifts
With StrongLifts Pro you can log any training program, not just StrongLifts 5x5. And you get access to several features to save you time and thinking in the gym, so you can focus more on lifting.
- Log any workout program
- Go to home - edit
- Here you can add one or several exercises, or create your own exercises
- You can reorder exercises, remove them or substitute one exercise for another
- You can change the sets/reps (5x5 Deadlifts, 3x12 Squats, 3x20 abs, whatever you want)
- You can add extra workouts C/D/E/F (to log an upper/lower split, or any other routine)
- Warmup calculator
- Start workout - tap warmup
- You'll see see the exact sets, reps and weights to warmup with for any weight or exercise
- The warmup calculator helps you warmup optimally for your worksets so you lift more. It also decreases the risk of injury.
- Plate calculator
- Tap start workout - then tap the weight next to an exercise.
- Here you'll find a visual of the types of plates to add on each side of the bar, and how many
- This works for any plate setup or bar weight you may have (you can set this up on the same screen)
- The plate calculator saves you from doing math between sets so you can focus more on lifting.
- +100 Exercise Videos with instructions
- Tap "videos" at the bottom of the homescreen
- You'll find +100 exercise videos with instructions
- Learn the proper from, and find out about new exercises (assistance, substitutes, etc)
- Advanced Automatic Weight Progression
- Start workout - tap the weight - tap increments
- Set the increment frequency to add weight every 2 or 3 workouts instead of 1 workout
- Disable deload if you don't want StrongLifts to automatically decrease the weight if you fail
- Change the deload percentage from 10% to 5-25% (maybe you prefer a bigger drop when you fail)
- Set the deload frequency to decrease the weight after 1 or 2 failed workouts already instead of 3
- This gives you more control over how the weight progresses after a successful or failed session.
- Google Fit
- Enable in StrongLifts - settings - Google Fit (need StrongLifts v3.0.10 or later)
- StrongLifts will sync your workouts, body-weight, estimated calories burned, and total workout time with Google Fit
- Plus many more Pro features planned for 2022:
- Unlimited programs: create and save an unlimited amount of training routines, then easily switch between them without recreating them each time.
- Ramp sets, pyramid sets, drop sets, reverse pyramid sets, etc (not just straight sets like 5x5, but different reps/weight per set)
- Madcow: enter your best lifts, select the on-ramp, then everything is calculated for you
- Advanced timer: set different rest timers for different exercises
- Advanced StrongLifts 5x5 settings: 5x5 Deadlfits, Light Squat day, Assistance Work, etc
- Log more than 5 sets (7 sets of 7 reps, 10 sets of 10 reps, 8 sets of 3 reps, etc)
- => all these features are already available on iOS and coming to Android ASAP!
StrongLifts is available as a yearly or monthly recurring subscription... or as one-time, lifetime, non-recurring payment.
- StrongLifts Pro Yearly:
- Most popular plan. Save 50% compared to the monthly plan.
- Comes with a 7 day free trial. Try StrongLifts Pro risk-free for 7 days. Cancel anytime before day 7 and you pay nothing.
- The price of StrongLifts Pro yearly is what you'd pay for one small tub of whey protein. It's 50x cheaper than a coach.
- The price depends on your location (local taxes may apply). To see the exact price, go to settings - subscriptions.
- => Upgrade in settings - subscriptions - pick yearly plan
- StrongLifts Pro Lifetime
- Second most popular plan.
- Pay once, get lifetime access. No recurring subscription. You never pay again.
- The price of StrongLifts Pro lifetime is about the same as 3 years of StrongLifts Pro yearly.
- If you're serious about lifting and plan to do it for many years, this is the most cost effective plan.
- Many StrongLifters start with the yearly plan then upgrade to lifetime after a few months.
- => Upgrade in settings - subscriptions - pick lifetime plan
- StrongLifts Pro Monthly
- The most flexible, but also most expensive plan.
- Pay monthly, cancel anytime. If you lift for 1 year, you'd pay double the cost of the yearly plan.
- This plan isn't that popular. Most people pick monthly to try Pro for a month or two. Then they switch to yearly/lifetime.
- => Upgrade in settings - subscriptions - pick monthly plan (you can upgrade to yearly/lifetime from here later).
StrongLifts Pro Discounts
For discounts, see this: https://support.stronglifts.com/article/118-stronglifts-pro-discount
How to Buy Pro
You can upgrade to Pro inside the StrongLifts app.
- Make sure you have the latest app version installed - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stronglifts.app
- Open StrongLifts - settings – subscription - choose your plan - upgrade.
Done. You’ll get access to all the Stronglifts Pro features after that.
Any payment issues, see this - https://support.stronglifts.com/article/99-payment-issues