Free vs Pro (iPhone)
You can do the full StrongLifts 5x5 program for free. But you can unlock Pro to get even better results and more customization options. Here's the difference between Free and Pro.
- Full StrongLifts 5x5 basic training program - workout A/B
- Rest timer, increments, deload, graphs, calendar, etc
StrongLifts Pro gives you access to several features to customize workouts, save time, and get even better results.
- Customize Workouts A/B: set the exercises, exercise order, sets/reps you want. Ex: 5x5 Deadlifts, no Squats in workout B, etc (customize in homescreen - edit)
- Create extra workouts C/D/E/F. Ex: create a heavy/light/medium program like Madcow, or a 4 day upper-lower split (customize in homescreen - edit)
- Create programs: create your own training programs that consists of several workouts, each with their own exercises/sets/reps (home - edit - program - create)
- More sets & Reps: you can log ramp sets, pyramid sets, reverse pyramid sets, top/back off sets, etc (start workout - tap the weight - disable straight sets)
- Madcow 5x5: switch to Madcow 5x5 when you're no longer making progress with the standard StrongLifts 5x5 program (home - edit - program)
- +100 videos with instructions: master proper form with over 100 videos with simple instructions to perform teh exercise correctly
- Warmup sets: get the sets/reps/weight to warmup with for any exercise (tap the "warmup" tab on the log workout screen)
- Plate calculator: get which plates to add to the bar and how many (tap the weight on the log workout screen)
- Check the latest app update to see what's new. We continously improve the app.
Cost of Pro
The price of StrongLifts Pro depends on your location, currency and taxes. The yearly fee is about the same as what you'd pay for one small tube of whey protein. To see the exact price, go to settings - account - upgrade.
The subscription amount will be charged to your iTunes account when you upgrade. Unless you turn off auto-renewal 24 hours before the end of your subscription, it will renew automatically for the same price, and your iTunes account will be charged accordingly. You can easily manage your subscription and turn off automatic renewal in the account settings for your Apple ID.
If you don't like/want subscriptions, a lifetime one-time payment is also available. It's the most cost-effective option if you're serious about lifting and plan to do it for years.
For discounts, see this: https://support.stronglifts.com/article/118-stronglifts-pro-discount
How to Buy Pro
You can upgrade to Pro inside the StrongLifts app.
- Make sure you have the latest app version installed - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stronglifts-5x5-workout-log/id488580022?mt=8
- Open StrongLifts on your iPhone/iPad. Go to settings – account – StrongLifts Pro subscription.
- Choose Upgrade. Choose your plan, and follow the steps on the screen
Done. You’ll get access to all the Stronglifts Pro features after that.
Any payment issues, see this - https://support.stronglifts.com/article/76-payment-issues