How to Customize Workouts (iPhone)
The StrongLIfts 5x5 app is made to follow the StrongLifts 5x5 program described here - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
The app is not intended to create your own program. But you can customize the built-in StrongLifts 5x5 program when you upgrade to StrongLifts Pro.
Here's what you can't do at the moment
- You can't remove the main exercises Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Barbell Row. You can only remove assistance exercises.
- You can't change the order of the exercises as they appear in workout A or B. The main exercises always show first, and in the order we recommend. Assistance exercises are also ordered the way we recommend. Custom exercises are added randomly.
- You can't create workouts C, D, E, etc. Workouts A/B are the full StrongLifts 5x5 program.
However you can work around some of these limitations. Here are some examples:
- You want to alternate Squats and Front Squats. Create a custom Front Squat exercise, and add it to workout B. Leave the main Squats blank every workout B and do Front Squat instead. You'll have to manually change the Squat weight every workout A due to skipping Squats on workout B. Front Squats will not show on your graphs. But they'll increase every workout by the weight you set in settings - workout - Front Squat - increments.
- You want to add Dumbbell Bench Press. Go to settings - workout - tap "add assistance" at the bottom - then tap "create" at the bottom. Call it dumbbell Bench and select "barbell" as type. The app will show a bar setting and plate calculator for this exercise, which is wrong. Dumbbell Bench Press will also not show on the graphs. But the app will add weight each workout as determined by your increment setting.