Family Sharing (iPhone)
With the new StrongLifts Family Plans, up to 6 family members get access all StrongLifts Pro features!
In this guide: how to set up family sharing, and what to do if it doesn't work.
- Family sharing works using Apple's family groups
- You can share your purchase with up to six family members in your Apple family group.
- Each family member needs an iOS device with an Apple ID.
- Purchases cannot be shared with Android devices,.
How to Set up Family Sharing
IMPORTANT: you should perform all steps below on the device you used to purchase Stronglifts Pro Family.
- Go to your device settings, and tap your name at the top
- Tap “Family Sharing”, then tap “Set Up Your Family”
- Tap “Invite People”, select “Invite in Person”
- Ask your family member to enter their Apple ID and password to join your family. You will get a notification that the new family member has now been added to your family.
- Go back to your device settings, tap your name, tap "Family Sharing", then tap "Purchase sharing". Enable “Share Purchases with family”
- If you purchased Stronglifts Pro Family yearly subscription, then go to app store, tap "Account", tap "Subscriptions", tap "Stronglifts", then enable "Share with Family". If you purchased Stronglifts Pro Family Lifetime, you don't need to do this step (because it's not a subscription but a one-time purchase).
Now take the device of your family member
- Go to iPhone settings > Apple ID (their name at the top) > Media & Purchases. Make sure they're logged in with the Apple ID that you invited when you setup family sharing.
- Open the Stronglifts app, go to settings, tap "Subscription". It should now show Stronglifts Pro as enabled.
- Tap start workout - tap warmup - you should see the warmup calculator. This means Pro works.
Fore more info about setting up family sharing, see also Apple's guide at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088
If Family Sharing Doesn't work
If family sharing doesn't work after following the steps above, please check this:
- Go to iPhone settings > Apple ID (your name at the top) > Media & Purchases - Purchase history. Find StrongLifts here.
- If you can't find StrongLIfts in the purchase history, you may have purchased StrongLifts Pro on a different Apple ID account.
- If so, add that Apple ID account to your family group too (please check your Apple invoice to see which account you purchased with).
- Once you've added all the Apple ID accounts (yours + family), then go to iPhone settings > Apple ID > Family Sharing > purchase sharing
- Make sure the proper Apple ID account is selected at the top, and enable "Share Purchases with Family"
- Go to your family member's device, iPhone settings > Apple ID (their name at the top) > Media & Purchases. Make sure they're logged in with the Apple ID that you invited when you setup family sharing.
- After that go to the device of your family member, open StrongLifts - settings - subscription - restore purchase.
- If it doesn't work, try to remove the family member from your family group, and add them again. Then go back to StrongLifts settings - subscription - restore purchase. It should work now.