How to Backup Workouts (iPhone)
Your workouts are automatically backed up to our servers when you login with Apple, Google or Facebook. We do not offer an email login at this time.
Any workout you log while signed in is backed up to our servers. If you lose your phone, break it or switch to a new one... all your workouts will be back when you signin with the same Apple, Google or Facebook account on the new device. We therefore recommend you sign in and stayed signed in the whole time.
Please note that workouts logged while signed out are not backed up to our servers. They're saved locally on your device. So if you lose or break it, you'll also lose all your workouts. We won't be able recover them since we never got them in the first place. You'll have to start from scratch. Sign in so this can't happen.
You can check if you're signed in by going to settings - account.
How to Recover Workouts on a New Device
Login with the same Apple, Google or Facebook account and your workouts will show. You can do this in settinngs - account.
If your workouts don't show:
- You may have logged in with a different account. Logout under settings - account. Then log back in with another Apple, Google or Facebook account you may have.
- You may have logged using a different method. If you logged in with Google before, log back in with Google (not Facebook - even if the email matches).
- You may have never been logged in. If you're switching from an old device, login there first, then login with the same account on the new device, workouts will show.
- We cannot recover workouts that were saved on your device only, in a logged out state. We can only recover workouts logged saved to our server while you were signed in (settings - account)
- We cannot recover workouts from Apple Health into StrongLifts. We can only send new workouts from StrongLifts to Apple Health.
Updating Your Email
Simply add the new email address to your existing facebook/google account. Then delete the email address that's going to expire. Since the facebook/google account remains, but only the email address associated with it changes, you won't lose any of your history or purchases.
Here's how to update your email:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/help/162801153783275?helpref=faq_content
- Google - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/176347?hl=en
Resetting or Deleting Your Account
While logged in, go to menu - settings - reset to delete all your workouts and settings on our servers. The app will start from scratch, as if using it for the first time.